The Hearts & Horses Participant Scholarship is offered in partnership with Community TAB to participants with demonstrated financial need & circumstances that hinders their ability to participate in HorsePower programs that harness the therapeutic power of horses to transform their physical health and emotional wellbeing. Participants may apply once a year for a scholarship to assist them to access HorsePower programs at their local centre.
Scholarships are awarded by the Hearts & Horses scholarship committee based on the number of eligible applicants, as well as the amount of funds available for financial assistance each year.
Our program costs are generously subsidised by the kindness of our local community, donors, and sponsors; therefore, our session fees only cover a fraction of the actual cost to provide our service. The fee for HorsePower sessions are detailed in our Fee Schedule which can be found online at www.horsepower.org.au. While these fees are heavily subsidized, thanks to Community TAB we are able to offer the Hearts & Horses Scholarship to further ensure our programs remain accessible to those needing further assistance.
Eligibility & Evaluation Criteria
To be eligible to apply for the Hearts & Horses Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The participant must be physically, intellectually, emotionally or socially challenged.
- The participant must be a registered participant with HorsePower Australia and medically cleared to participate in HorsePower Australia programs at an affiliated centre.
- The participant must demonstrate a financial need &/or circumstances that hinder their participation in HorsePower Australia programs.
- The participant does not receive NDIS funding or other individualised funding that could be applied to HorsePower Australia programs.
- The participant must have clear goals for what they would like to achieve through HorsePower Australia programs and be willing to provide feedback on the achievement of these goals at the end of the scholarship period.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 23rd November 2020. Please complete this application form and return to HorsePower Australia, 303 Cathedral Avenue, Brigadoon WA 6069 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in January 2021.
COACHES / VOLUNTEERS: Please involve the individual, family, &/or advocate when applying on their behalf.
QUESTIONS? Contact Kelly Mansfield at Kelly.email@example.com or on 0499 606 238.