What is needed to start up a new HorsePower Australia centre in your Community?
If you believe there is an unmet need for Equine-facilitated programs in your community why not consider starting up a HorsePower Australia centre. Here is what you need to get started:
- A suitable venue - HorsePower Australia will accredit this to ensure safety standards are met
- People willing to be on your centre committee (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.)
- Someone willing to train as a HorsePower Australia Coach (can take approx. a year)
- Suitable horses (these can be agisted on site or floated in each week for sessions)
- Interest from the community in programs and volunteering
- A constitution to become incorporated as an individual member centre (HorsePower Australia has a centre model that can be adopted)